August 21, 2017, 05:33:03 PM

Author Topic: New home page  (Read 1789 times)

Offline flyingscotsman

• Independence for Scotland!
  • Administrator
  • Braveheart
  • In the Wild Wild West
    • Scotchat
New home page
« on: September 11, 2013, 02:04:50 PM »
Hi fellow scotchatters

Just wanted to let you know that the new home page is up and running, I have added the large sized gallery to show off the images from the forum, members are free to add images to the site.

There is also a Scottish word of the day which is shown on the home page, and it is also shown from the site's twitter feed.  So if you want a daily word in your twitter account then just Follow @scotchat ( https://twitter.com/scotchat/ ) on twitter.

The Word of the Day will be shown on this page http://scotchat.co.uk/scottish-dictionary/ which will historically display all the words from previous days.

I am also working on a links page and a video page as well as some other things at the moment.

As always I am open to suggestions or improvements or what to do next.

Fly
...for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom – for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

Offline Euan

• Monarch of the Scots
Re: New home page
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 11:40:29 AM »
Fly, not sure if it's a problem my end, but the pages are larger than my screen size, i have to scroll sideways. Also, some alignment problems on the home screen.

Offline flyingscotsman

• Independence for Scotland!
  • Administrator
  • Braveheart
  • In the Wild Wild West
    • Scotchat
Re: New home page
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 12:56:37 PM »
Euan

I cannot replicate the issue in any browser I have tried,

Can you press CTRL+F5 or do a full refresh of the page? Does that work?

If not what browser and version do you have?

...for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom – for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.