August 21, 2017, 05:31:04 PM

Author Topic: [sticky] Welcome to the forum (read this first)  (Read 72556 times)

Offline chamcham

• Braveheart
  • auld cham
Re: [sticky] Welcome to the forum (read this first)
« Reply #255 on: October 26, 2011, 01:04:49 PM »
Oh MY! I OWE YOU AN APOLIGY DUNEDINHEN!!!!I was reminded by "her indoors!" that my and her Grandmother and mother, and it appears my mother used Spurtle regulary!!!my only excuse is I never was much of a kitchen wiz,and after nearly 40years out here in the colinies, Ive been known to forget my name!!!! :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
that old! - been there! done that!!and the birds in aussie are real friendly!

Offline chamcham

• Braveheart
  • auld cham
« Reply #256 on: October 26, 2011, 01:07:16 PM »
Thanks for the scots dictionary Fly! :headcomp: :headcomp: :headcomp:

Offline chamcham

• Braveheart
  • auld cham
« Reply #257 on: November 24, 2011, 01:00:14 PM »
anyone there in Scotland coming to Australia in the near future? I'm a member of "Foot Stompin'music" and they have a Song book of Runrig called- Flower of Scotland, includes all their music and guitar chords from 1975- to today!the book is 30 pounds but they want 26pounds to send it to Australia!!! now it must be flying first class on a jumbo jet at that price!!!!!!!what I need is a traveller coming out here and bring it, and post the book to me in tassie!!!!!!!!! :headcomp: :headcomp: :headcomp: :headcomp: :headcomp: :headcomp: :headcomp:

Offline Euan

• Monarch of the Scots
« Reply #258 on: November 25, 2011, 11:22:11 AM »
Cham, if you can wait till May next year, i'll see what i can do. Just give me the details of where i could get it and if i find it i certainly will bring one back for you, as well as one for myself!
Just remind me closer to the time...

Offline chamcham

• Braveheart
  • auld cham
« Reply #259 on: November 25, 2011, 12:34:01 PM »
Cham, if you can wait till May next year, i'll see what i can do. Just give me the details of where i could get it and if i find it i certainly will bring one back for you, as well as one for myself!
Just remind me closer to the time...
    Well Euan that is very generous of you mate! this is thread and the address is on the bottom, they are in Edinburgh       Title of the book   - Flower of the West - The Runrig Song Book

Runrig are Scotland's most famous celtic folk rock band.  Over the years this powerful band have toured the world gathering  fans everywhere for their blend of exciting, emotional Gaelic music fused with rock rhythms. There have been lineup changes, but Runrig still command an awesome following.

This magnificent hard cover book has all of the music and lyrics for all the published Runrig songs (1975 - 2000) with notes to accompany each song, providing anecdote, information, and historical fact. The book contains photography ranging from personal collections and archive, to the work of some of the most significant photographers to have worked in the Highlands over the past decades. This book is an insight into not only the genesis of the songs themselves, but also touches on the changing lifestyle and culture of the Scottish islands throughout the latter half of the twentieth century. A changing culture within which Runrig themselves have played a part. A beautiful book!
""Quality photographs,band history, lyrics and chords for budding musicans. An explanation of the origins of each song which is fascinating. This is what all songbooks should be like! " FS Customer. ?27.57 (?30.63 for first time customers) -    Foot Stompin' Celtic Music
17 Redford Drive, Edinburgh EH13 0BL, Scotland, UK    tel +44 (0)131 441 3135
email info@footstompin.com  I will keep a copy of this till later, fix you up then, thanks again Euan :thumb: :thumb:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 01:11:11 PM by chamcham »

Offline dunedinhen

• Roaming Scot
« Reply #260 on: November 25, 2011, 01:14:00 PM »
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/0953945200/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&qid=1322226564&sr=1-1&condition=all

try this link Cham,  it may be a mistake by delivery is listed as ?7 (UK) as Aus is an amazon marketplace country is you click on the first one on the list.

Offline dunedinhen

• Roaming Scot
« Reply #261 on: November 25, 2011, 01:20:10 PM »
the link works but it opens up with my login details!  i'm awa tae change ma details noo!

Offline chamcham

• Braveheart
  • auld cham
« Reply #262 on: November 26, 2011, 05:03:14 AM »
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/0953945200/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&qid=1322226564&sr=1-1&condition=all

try this link Cham,  it may be a mistake by delivery is listed as ?7 (UK) as Aus is an amazon marketplace country is you click on the first one on the list.
Ah! thanks very much Dunedinhen! I use Amozon .co.uk as you suggested and got the book for 19 pounds cheaper than foot stoopin'  so if you read this Euan, no need to carry one back for me, but thanks for the offer!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 05:37:21 AM by chamcham »

Offline Euan

• Monarch of the Scots
« Reply #263 on: November 26, 2011, 12:00:28 PM »
No problem Cham...at least now i will have more room in my bag for an extra bottle of malt.. :drunkparty:

Offline dunedinhen

• Roaming Scot
« Reply #264 on: November 27, 2011, 06:59:01 PM »
you can just drop that bottle off to me, don't want you to go over your duty-free limit!

Offline flyingscotsman

• Independence for Scotland!
  • Administrator
  • Braveheart
  • In the Wild Wild West
    • Scotchat
« Reply #265 on: November 30, 2011, 01:40:15 PM »
No problem Cham...at least now i will have more room in my bag for an extra bottle of malt.. :drunkparty:

just one? Runrig have been going for 30 years, that book must be half the size of a suitcase
...for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom – for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

Offline stoggs

• Wee Bairn
« Reply #266 on: August 24, 2014, 08:01:10 AM »
WoW !!    I thought I'd lost everyone........ Good times and very good friends....... love to all of you !!!!!!!

Offline harry o

• Wee Bairn
« Reply #267 on: September 26, 2014, 07:13:35 PM »
Hi. I'm Harry O, looking forward to interesting times.

Offline LoraShaw3

• Wee Bairn
« Reply #268 on: November 08, 2014, 11:59:05 PM »
Hi there everyone,

are there any south africans living in scotland on here that can chat and give me some tips?

nice to meet you all,

Lora*

Offline flyingscotsman

• Independence for Scotland!
  • Administrator
  • Braveheart
  • In the Wild Wild West
    • Scotchat
« Reply #269 on: January 06, 2015, 02:52:40 PM »
Hi lass, the forum has been a bit quiet in recent times.  Unfortunately I dont know any South Africans in Scotland.

...for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom – for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.